Sunday, October 4, 2009

Honesty Is Hardly Ever Heard



The song above was released in 1978 and is one of my mum’s favourite songs. So yes, most of you may not even been born yet and you might not recognize the song or the artist.

I posted up the song because I was attracted by its lyrics and the truthfulness of the words used. It’s hard for me to choose a favourite sentence because there are so many of them to choose from. So I’m picking two paragraphs of the song.

I can always find someone
to say they sympathize.
If I wear my heart out on my sleeve.
But I don't want some pretty face
to tell me pretty lies.
All I want is someone to believe.

Honesty is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.

The song is about how hard it is to get people to be honest. Its hard to believe people and gain their trust. People often lies than telling the truth most of the time, and so honesty is hardly ever heard. I can somehow relate to this song because I have trust issue and I don’t share my stories easily to people. It’s hard for me to open up.

Communication may not only be express through conversation or body language, it can also be conveying through songs, lyrics and singing. The song is a good example how one person is expressing his opinion on how it is hard to find honesty.

Written by : Nur Afifah Bt Noor Azlan

No comments:

Post a Comment