Sunday, October 25, 2009

ConFlict sTylEs

The way in which you engage in conflict has consequences for the resolution of the conflict and for the relationship between the conflicting parties.

Competing: I win, You lose.
The competitive style involves great concern for your own needs and desires and little for those of others.

Avoiding: I lose, You lose
Conflict avoiders are relatively unconcerned with their own or with their opponents' needs or desires.

Accommodating: I lose, You win
In accommodating you sacrifice your own needs for the needs of the other person.

Collaborating: I win, You win
In collaborating you address both your own and the other person's needs.

Compromising: I win and lose, You win and lose
The compromising style is in the middle. There's some concern for your own needs and some concern for the other's needs.


posted by,
Liew Li Hui

No comments:

Post a Comment